- This topic is empty.
آذر ۱, ۱۳۹۹ در ۳:۳۱ ق.ظ #7761Alma Achrijoliمیهمان
Voices of Modernity
Language Ideologies and the Politics of Inequality
(Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language)
by Richard Bauman, Charles L. Briggs
- Series: Studies in the Social and Cultural Foundations of Language
- Language: english
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Format: paperback, 376 pages
- Release date: March 7, 2003
- ISBN: 9780521008976 (0521008972)
- Genres: anthropology, linguistics, folklore
- Author: Richard Bauman, Charles L. Briggs
About The Book
This study asserts that conscious development of new ways of thinking about language had a crucial role in modern history, particularly the discovery of how differences between languages legitimated social inequalities. It claims that savages and ancients were judged alike because they used language similarly, in contrast to modern Europeans who used disciplined language in scientific, philosophical and legal projects.
Online Voices of Modernity Richard Bauman PC. PDF book Voices of Modernity read online on Walmart. MP3 ebook Voices of Modernity buy for Kindle on Bookshop. Paperback ebook Voices of Modernity by Richard Bauman download.